Our mission is to create raves for our theatergoers and theater-makers by guiding them through their journeys in our theatres with such care, expertise, and pride in each other, our shows, and our houses that they truly feel they belong and are compelled to return.
Jujamcyn Theaters is recognized as a theatrical innovator, championing shows that push the boundaries of Broadway and create new experiences for audiences. The company owns and operates five Broadway theatres including the St. James, Al Hirschfeld, August Wilson, Eugene O'Neill, and Walter Kerr.
Candidates will join a small, dedicated team that manages and maintains the day to day physical plant operations at our five unique, landmarked theaters. Candidates will report directly to the Director of Facilities & IT and work closely with the Vice President of Building Operations and the Building Operations Supervisor to help run the Building Operations department at our executive office and daily operations at all five theaters.
Candidates should be self-motivated, friendly and willing to jump into any problem that arises. The Building Operations Associate will play a primary role in ensuring that all office administrative functions are coordinated to achieve a high level of productivity and efficiency within the department.
What follows are some examples of relevant responsibilities and skills. Above all, we are looking to hire the right person, not the right resume. So, if you are passionate, eager to learn and want to be part of a close-knit team, please apply. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Serves as the key administrator for the Building Operations Department by managing the departmental calendars, coordinating meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Responsible for departmental procurement which includes porters and cleaner's supplies, IT hardware, and tools for the department
- Organizes and maintains Building Operations departmental records which includes scanning, filing and organizing permits and insurance requirements
- Develop a program to inventory and manage all departmental storage areas
- Manages the Building Operations Intern
- Support the department with special projects as they arise
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- High level Excel skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Friendly demeanor and a genuine desire to work closely with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-direction and self-motivation
You Have or Could Learn
- Experience working with ticketing systems, especially Ticketmaster HOST and Archtics
- Experience with Bluebeam and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Accounting software, especially Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Familiar with OSHA guidelines
- FDNY Certificates of Fitness for Sprinkler Systems, Standpipe Systems or Fire Alarms
A complete application consists of the following:
- A cover letter
- A resume
- Two or more relevant references.
- Submit by E-mail: [email protected] with the subject line “Building Operations Associate Application”
- No phone calls please
Incomplete applications will not be considered.